2009年5月7日星期四

Western Cordillera Part 2

1. Find a picture of the Douglas Fir. Post it. Have you seen this tree?



























I have seen a tree looks very like it but I'm not sure it is Douglas . In our school .
2 How can you remember what this tree looks like and it's name?
Think of a famous unversity called Douglas . It's a kind of pine trees so remember what it looks like.


3. Find a picture of Western Hemlock. Have you seen this tree before?

















Maybe on my way of once trip .


4. When you look at a Western Hemlook, what is special about this tree. Tell me 3 things about this tree?
(1)The tree is very tall , likes going into the sky.
(2)The leave of the tree is few .
(3) The tip of the tree is sharp than bottom.

5. There are many mountains in this region. What do you think happens to the vegetation when we get higher up to the mountain? Can you guess?
The vegetation may be fewer and fewer . Because when we get higher up , the elevation will also be higher , but the temperature will be lower . So many vegetation cannot live here expect moss.


6. In the southern part of the Western Cordillera region, there is less rain. If there is less rain, do you think the great evergreen trees will grow?
No . Because the evergreen trees do not need very lots of water to keep alive . They use less water than any other kinds of trees to grow.



7. The largest trees in the world exist in this region. They can be found in the United States because this region is very long and goes all the way down into Canada's neighbor!!! These trees are called "Giant Sequoias".a. Find a picture of a Giant Sequoia you like. Explain why you like or don't like it in 3-5 sentences.




I like it . This kind of tree is very huge but it has a special beautifully . It is not elegant but spectacular . If there are many Giant Sequoias one area , they looks like nature old palace that with many columns .
8. What did you learn today? Explain in 5-8 sentences. Be serious!!!!
I learnt three kinds of trees in the western Cordillera area today . Douglas Fir , Western Hemlock and Giant Sequoia . They have their own special points and I know the vegetation in the Western Cordillera area is very different . I also tried to explain some question I don't know with my knowledge . But I don't think always learn vegetation or geography is good for us ... some of them are unuseful . Like this three kind of trees . I think today's bonus is better than them , though I don't do it .

没有评论:

发表评论